The club was founded in 1939 with the impetus of being a Victory
Garden. The interest was indeed great and there was a membership of
200-250 with a waiting list. Members were quite active at that time
but through the years there has been a decline. Originally we were the
Men’s Garden Club of the North Shore. Women started to join about 25 years ago and we changed the name to The Gardeners of the North Shore.
The ladies have been a guiding source from that point onward.
Through the years we have been community oriented and have
donated time and funds to several projects. We are non-sectarian and
welcome anyone who enjoys one of the most popular avocations in our land. Our goals are to enjoy each others company, pursue a common interest and to beautify the community.